Fruit is not only juicy and scrumptious, it also keeps you healthy and helps you grow strong! All you have to do is combine a few ingredients in a blender.
All kinds of fruit are good in smoothies. Try experimenting with your favorites – simply blend with yogurt for a healthy homemade treat.
1. Cut a few slices from the banana and strawberries and put the rest into a blender. Peel the peaches and put the flesh into the blender too.
2. Add the yogurt and orange juice to the fruit and blend until smooth. Push the strawberry and banana slices onto straws and serve.
½ cup coconut milk
1¼ cup pineapple juice
2 scoops vanilla ice cream
4 oz (115 g) pineapple, diced
mint, to serve (optional)
1. Put the coconut milk, pineapple juice, vanilla ice cream, and pineapple (keep aside two pieces) in a blender and process.
2. Pour the drink into glasses. Decorate with pineapple pieces and mint, if using, then serve.
1 cup raspberries
3 large peach, peeled, pitted and sliced
1 cup raspberry drinking yogurt
1. Get rid of any seeds by pressing the raspberries through a strainer.
2. Blend the raspberries, peach (except two slices), and yogurt. Pour into glasses, decorate with the peach slices and serve.
Excerpted from My Favourite Recipes, copyright 2012 Annabel Karmel / DK Publishing.