Archive for 'Behavior'

Link Between Autism in Twins and Maternal Health

Link Between Autism in Twins and Maternal Health

A newly released study on autism in children suggests that a mother’s health and age may play a role in autism.  The study’s lead author, Joachim Hallmayer of Stanford University looked at 192 identical and fraternal [...]

Getting Help for Children’s Learning Disabilities

Getting Help for Children’s Learning Disabilities

If you’re concerned your child has a learning disability, you may want to have an assessment earlier rather than later. Learning Disabilities From attention deficit hyperactivity disorder to dyslexia to Asperger’s, there are many learning disabilities [...]

What To Do About Sibling Rivalry and Fights

What To Do About Sibling Rivalry and Fights

Sibling rivalry may be inevitable, but there are still ways to get our kids to show a little respect for one another. When it comes to relationships between siblings, most of us hope that our children [...]

Your Baby and Child: From Birth to Age 5

Your Baby and Child: From Birth to Age 5

Penelope Leach’s Your Baby & Child has been a beloved favorite for years. With this new, revised edition, Leach has updated her information and approach to reflect new findings in the field of child development, and [...]

Help for Worried Kids

Help for Worried Kids

Most childhood fears are nothing to worry about. But panic attacks, phobias, and persistent anxiety can darken a child’s horizons and lead to disrupted sleep, lower grades, and missed opportunities to make friends and explore the [...]

Difficult to Delightful

Difficult to Delightful

Kids need parents not pills. “Only 5% of the children medicated need pills for their behaviors, the other 95% need discipline. They need parents who teach values.” Turn your “problem” child into a happy child— no [...]

Boys of Few Words – Raising Sons to Communicate

Boys of Few Words – Raising Sons to Communicate

What’s going on in the lives of boys today? Assuming you could convince them to stop playing video games long enough to ponder the question, chances are you’d find “nothing”, “I dunno”, and the ever-popular shoulder [...]