The top priority for every parent is to protect their children. The author of the book The Safe Baby, Debra Holtzman, is a nationally recognized child safety expert. For example, she is on the Discovery Health Channel’s popular show Make Room for Baby. She was chosen an “Everyday Hero” by Reader’s Digest, and was named a “Woman Making a Difference” by Family Circle Magazine.
Holtzman makes use of the latest research on this subject in this, her latest book—a recent recipient of the Gold National Parenting Publications Award. She covers child-proofing essentials from making the nursery safe to protecting the baby in the kitchen, the bathroom, and every other space in the house. It will give parents confidence in their ability to safeguard their children. Topics addressed in a down-to-earth, do-it-yourself manner include:
- how to choose and use nursery equipment
- how to prevent falls
- how to avoid poison injuries
- what to do about environmental hazards
- how to prepare for emergencies
- which pets are suitable for children
- how to choose the babysitter or day care center that is the best fit for your child, and
- how to travel safely with children.
The author has been quoted extensively in the top media, including such print publications as Woman’s World, Parenting Magazine, USA Weekend Magazine, The Washington Times, The Washington Post, and The Boston Globe.
Holtzman has an M.A. in occupatiosnal safety and health and a law degree, and is the mother of two children.
Reader reviews and more at